We specify the purpose of use of personal information in advance when customers provide personal information, and we use personal information within the scope of such purpose of use.
Moreover, if we need to use customers’ personal information beyond the scope specified in advance, we inform customers of such fact and obtain their consent before using the personal information.
- Personal information on business partners and customers
- Selling products, offering services, and other incidental activities
- Sourcing materials, goods, and services, and other incidental activities
- Planning and developing various products and services
- Responding to customers’ request for brochures and other materials, consultations and inquiries etc.
- Sending information about new products, exhibitions, and events concerning the our business activities
- Conducting questionnaires and follow ups
- Exercising rights or performing duties based on contracts with customers or laws, etc.
- Activities incidental to the above
- Personal information on shareholders
- Exercising rights and performing duties based on the Companies Act
- Providing various benefits
- Implementing various shareholder policies
- Shareholder management based on laws and regulations
- Personal information on persons seeking employment and retired employees
- Screening and making recruitment decisions
- Providing corporate information, recruitment information, informing of hiring decisions, and communicating with persons seeking employment when required
- Providing information to retired employees and communicating with retired employees when required
The Iwaki Group shares use of personal information we are provided within the scope of the aforementioned purpose of use. In this case, we (the entity stated in the personal information handling operator section) assume responsibility for managing such personal information.
We do not provide customers’ personal information to third parties without consent from the person concerned, except when sharing use with the Iwaki Group and in the following cases.
- When disclosing or providing personal information in a form that does not enable the person concerned to be identified
- When disclosing or providing personal information to contractors, etc. to the extent necessary for operations
In the event that personal information is provided to a third party in a foreign country with the customer’s consent, we provide information on the measures being taken by the third party to protect the personal information. (If such third party has developed a standards compliance system, information on such necessary measures is provided upon request by customers.)
- When our business is succeeded due to a merger, company split, business transfer, or any other reason
- When provision is approved as an exception under the Personal Information Protection Act
Pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act, the procedures we take to respond to (1) requests for disclosure, (2) requests to notify the purpose of use, (3) requests for correction, (4) requests for addition, (5) requests for deletion, (6) requests for removal, (7) requests for suspension of use and suspension of provision to third parties, (8) records of provision to third parties, and (9) the method of disclosure (in writing or an electronic or magnetic record, etc.) ((1) to (9) are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Requests for Disclosure etc.”), concerning the personal information we retain, from the person concerned or his or her representative, are as follows.
Please send Requests for Disclosure, etc., attaching the necessary documents to the specified request form, to us by post. When sending request forms by post, please use a method that allows delivery to be recorded such as recorded or registered mail. Please write “Personal Information Request Form” on the envelope.
Personal Information Section, General Affairs Department, Iwaki Co., Ltd.
When requesting disclosure, etc., download the following request form, fill in all the specified details, and post the form to us together with identity verification documents.
Either a residence certificate, or a copy of your driving license, passport, health insurance card, or pension passbook
When delegating Requests for Disclosure, etc. to a representative, please include the following document in addition to the aforementioned documents.
- Documents to verify the identity of the representative
- Either a residence certificate, or a copy of the representative’s driving license, passport, health insurance card, or pension passbook
* The person concerned should stamp his or her seal on the letter of authority, and attach a seal registration certificate.
The following fees will be charged when requesting disclosure of personal information and notification of the purpose of use.
- 500 yen per request (including consumption tax).
- Please include a postal money order for 500 yen along with the request form.
- Customers are requested to bear postal charges and expense incurred when buying the postal money order.
* If the fee is inadequate, or if it is not included with the request form, we will inform you of such fact and if payment is not made within a specified period, we will not process your request for disclosure or notification of the purpose of use.
We will respond by the disclosure method chosen by the person making the request.
Personal information acquired in association with Requests for Disclosure, etc. is handled only to the extent necessary for Requests for Disclosure, etc. Documents submitted will not be returned. Once we have responded to Requests for Disclosure, etc., any personal information acquired will be appropriately managed and destroyed.
We are unable to disclose personal information requested by customers in the following situations. If we decide not to disclose personal information, we will notify of such decision and the grounds for such decision. Note that designated fees will be charged even if we do not disclose personal information or notify of the purpose of use.
- When we are unable to verify the identity of the person concerned due to the address stated on the request form, address stated in the personal identification verification documents, and address registered with us, not matching
- When we are unable to verify the authority to represent when requests are made by a representative
- When there are inadequacies in the documents submitted
- When we are unable to identify the personal information we retain based on the details stated in the request form
- When the information involved in the request for disclosure does not fall under retained personal data as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 5 of the Personal Information Protection Act
- When disclosure is likely to damage the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person concerned or a third party
- When disclosure is likely to significantly hinder the proper implementation of our business
- When disclosure will violate other laws and regulations
Procedure for Requests for Disclosure, etc. may be partially revised in order to protect our customers’ personal information and in order to respond to changes in laws and regulations, etc. Please check the procedure when making Requests for Disclosure, etc.